If interested in the position, please email us directly at email@example.com.
Bonitas is currently hiring FACT FINDERS
Position: Financial Analyst
Position Type: Full time employment
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
The position offers a candidate the opportunity to work in all facets of the investment process, including screening for potential ideas, conducting due diligence on prospective short investments, and the crafting and execution of short ideas. Our in-house research professionals work hard to understand critical details disclosed by public companies to uncover corporate corruption, accounting shenanigans and capital misappropriation at the expense of minority investors.
Candidates are expected to share at least one original short idea at the beginning of our employment evaluation process to allow Bonitas a better understanding of the candidate’s current skill level (no restrictions on exchange, market capitalization, or price). Candidates will be given qualitative and quantitative financial assignments thereafter as part of the evaluation process.
- Conduct detailed and rigorous financial analysis of publicly traded companies, including the calculation of all relevant financial and operating metrics (e.g., EBITDA, leverage ratios, etc…).
- Analyze annual reports, business agreements, press releases and other company filings.
- Populate financial data into excel.
- Written communication of investment analysis for investment consideration.
- Construct and manage due diligence requests and investigations for subject companies.
- Create comparable analyses of financial operating metrics within industry-specific participants.
- Summarize investment ideas in excel models, excel workbooks and written form.
- Prepare a detailed valuation of public companies based on due diligence outcomes.
Minimum Experience and Formal Requirements:
- At least 3 years of relevant qualitative financial analytical experience, preferably at a major investment bank, restructuring administrator, law firm, private equity firm or hedge fund.
- Highly skilled at financial statement analysis (cash flows, EBITDA calculations, financial ratios, etc).
- High reading comprehension levels of standard company filings, announcements, and circulars.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially excel
Candidate Must Be:
- Driven by High Integrity and Uncompromising Ethics
- Interested in Fundamental Short Selling
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and proven pride of ownership of projects/assignments
- Team player – works well with others
- Strong in English reading comprehension
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Non-English Language fluency a plus, specifically in Mandarin, Japanese, Hindi, French, Spanish, Italian or Portugese a plus.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Professional Accounting (MPA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)